If you have a Medicare Advantage plan then you probably have an Over-The-Counter (OTC) benefit.
What is it? And How to use it?
Many of this year’s Medicare advantage plans have an OTC benefit. This benefit provides each member a monthly fixed amount of money to use to order common over-the-counter items available to order through a catalog or at your local pharmacy.
If your plan has this benefit you will receive a monthly, quarterly or annual amount to purchase over-the-counter products, including things like:
- Smoking Cessation: Nicotine replacement patches
- Oral Health: Toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss
- Pain Relief: Ibuprofen, acetaminophen
- Allergy: Allergy relief tablets
- Cold Remedies: Cough drops, daytime/nighttime cold medicine
- Digestive Health: Heartburn relief tablets, daily fiber
- First Aid: Bandages
- Incontinence: Bladder control products
The monthly benefit with most plans does not roll over month to month. In other words, it is a use it or lose it system so make sure you understand how your benefit works.
If you’d like to learn more about what your plan offers or need a copy of the catalog for ordering, use the form below and we’ll call you or you can call us at 207-370-0143.